We achieve our results through our people. They are the heart that beats right through our organisation. Recruiting new talent is fundamental. We don’t just want to continue the success we’ve worked so hard to build over the last 29 years, we want to build on it and keep improving!
Estates, Facilities & Maintenance
Office & Professional
Best Companies 2 Star Rating
Industry leading bespoke training programme
The role of a Recruitment Consultant is one of the most demanding out there. It’s fast paced, stressful yet incredibly rewarding. Selling to candidates and clients are the core activities so it’s essential that you are target driven and ambitious.
Sourcing quality candidates to place with your clients is fundamental, as is your management of the recruitment process from end to end.
Whether you are a Graduate looking to take your first step on the career ladder, or you have relevant work experience and all this sounds right up your street, then a Trainee Recruitment Consultant role with Thorn Baker could be the start of something fantastic for you.
Skills/experience we look for are:
- Business to Business telesales
- Face to face selling experience
- Negotiating skills
- Fantastic written and verbal communication
Recruitment Consultants at Thorn Baker are skilled in winning new clients and sourcing the best candidates. They know how to apply hard work, personality and influence to bring home results and they enjoy great financial rewards.
Our Recruiters enjoy a ‘grown up’ environment where expectations are clearly defined and support is applied in the right way at the right time.
If you’re an experienced and successful Recruiter already, then Thorn Baker could be exactly the right environment for you to prosper and exceed your previous successes. Thorn Baker could be the best and last move you’ll ever make.
Skills/experience we look for are:
- Achieving targets
- Winning and servicing your own clients
- Clear understanding of employment law and compliance
- Sourcing candidates using various methods
Support Staff & Resourcers
Without a doubt our support staff are the glue that holds everything together. Branch Administrator, Labour Manager, or Resourcer, the role involves supporting a team of Recruiters and plays an integral part in team
You’ll deal with candidates and clients daily over the phone and often be their first point of call for all manner of queries.
Often entry level roles to the Recruitment Industry, we offer real paths of progression as a Recruiter. Equally, if you prefer to carve a career in a support role with us we can and will fully support you with this. It could be the best and last move you’ll ever make.
Skills/experience we look for are:
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- Organised and methodical
- Administration experience
- Great attention to detail
Your journey to a career with Thorn Baker starts here.
You may have seen an online job advert or a social media post, you may already know someone who works for us or you may just be researching the best recruitment agency for you to work for. Regardless of how you heard about us, Thorn Baker is committed to applying best practice to our recruitment and selection process so that every candidate has an equal opportunity for success. Our four stage process is clear and simple, and we will provide feedback at every step of the way.
You can be assured of our confidentiality and discretion throughout and we would encourage you to consider this a two way process; Thorn Baker is on interview too, and we invite you to ask as many questions you need as you consider your move.
||Apply for role
||Make contact with our Talent Attraction Manager – Emma Tolley
|Telephone Interview and/or Coffee and a Chat
||Find out about us and tell us all about you.
||Meet with your potential new Manager and start your formal interview process.
||Undertake a psychometric profiling exercise and skills testing, depending on the role you apply for.
||Final interview, possibly a presentation depending on the role you’ve applied for. Usually an opportunity to meet your potential team.
||Verbal offer followed by written offer letter and copy of your contract with your welcome pack.
||References & Documents
||All offers are subject to satisfactory references, DBS Check and receipt of Right to Work documents.
|First Day at Work
LIKE WHAT YOU’VE SEEN SO FAR?
Then let’s talk. Whether you’re happy to call us direct, want to request a call back when it’s more convenient or just think it will be easier to send a quick email, select an option and let’s get the ball rolling.
It doesn’t matter if you don’t see a suitable role with us in your location or ideal sector. We are always keen to speak to experienced Recruiters on a speculative basis. The same goes if you’re interested in joining us and starting up a new Division. The sky really is the limit!
Please note this is an application to work for us as a recruiter, if you wish to speak to the teams regarding work please call your local office. Contact details can be found at thornbaker.co.uk
"Choosing to work for Thorn Baker could be the last career move you ever have
to make. We can't wait to hear from you!"
Paul Jackman, CEO
R2R – Recruitment to Recruitment Agencies – Essential Information Rest assured, we are well aware of the value you can add to our business. Whether that is through the introduction of a candidate for a current vacancy, or a speculative introduction of someone that catches our eye; the mutual benefit can be significant. As you would expect, our preference is to recruit directly wherever possible and that applies at all levels within our business. Whilst we are all engaged in the battle to attract talent; our focus goes beyond that as we aim to recruit the right talent for our business – a subtle difference that really makes a difference to our success. Our careersatthornbaker.co.uk website reflects the type of individuals that thrive in our culture. It’s essential you take a look around. If you’d like to work with us you will need to, in the first instance, introduce yourselves to our Talent Attraction Manager, Emma Tolley. We do not operate a PSL as such but we must agree terms before you introduce a candidate to us. We need to be certain that you can accurately represent our opportunities to candidates and to do so you need to be in tune with our business – and we’ll do our bit to make this possible.
What you can expect from us
- A monthly update of all live vacancies direct to your inbox in addition to making sure careersatthornbaker.co.uk is always up to date with an instant summary of our opportunities.
- Extend a warm welcome to you if you want to visit our offices and find out what really makes us tick and experience our culture first hand.
- Agree sensible terms – please note these can only be agreed by Emma Tolley or one of the four Directors.
- Provide all the information you need to properly brief your candidate prior to interview.
- To take your candidates through a thorough recruitment process to ensure they have every chance of success, providing feedback promptly to both parties.
- Pay your invoices on time and in line with the agreed terms.
What we expect of you
- To make sure all candidate introductions are sent to Emma Tolley, or alternatively to the relevant Director with Emma copied in. Anyone else simply isn’t appropriate or authorised.
- Not to send candidates for any ‘entry level’ positions such as Resourcers, Labour Managers, Trainees or Graduates. We don’t pay R2R fees for these.
- To share key sales performance and placements statistics for your candidates. If you don’t then sadly we wont be able to progress.
- Carry out a face to face interview with your candidate before you introduce them. (Skype is fine).
- To be able to explain why your candidate is interested in working for us, their reasons for seeking a new challenge and their salary expectations. We also need to know their location and preferred sector to work in.
- Ensure your candidate has read our careersatthornbaker.co.uk site and they are fully aware of our recruitment process.
- Let us know how you found your candidate. I.E. did they approach you, or did you approach them. It’s a subtle and important distinction.
- Not to connect with our people who are not at Branch Manager level or above, via Social Media; there is no genuine reason or business benefit to do so.
- It ought to go without saying, but just in case, do not expect to work with us on our opportunities if you are discovered to be approaching our people for roles outside of our business…